Monday, July 30, 2007

Mo'Nique's Charm School for Ho's

There are no words to express the intensity of such a show. I was taken aback by the relentless efforts of VH1 trying to drag out anything Flavor Flav related... Creating show, after reality show, after game show about the small, gold-toothed, over-sized clock wearing rapper/drummer.

Admittedly, I must say that the only episode I managed to catch was the Season Finale. Thank God too because if I had started any earlier I think I would've had an aneurysm. I know what you must think, that I have a choice whether or not I watch these shows... But honestly once I get a taste of any new reality show, I become addicted and I am forced to watch week after week as America's dumbest get to shine on the tube. It's sick, I know.

This season finale was amazing. It was so classy, beautiful and truly charming. Right. You didn't believe me did you? After all, we are dealing with women who wanted to hook up with Flavor Flav and it's not like the VH1 recruiters went to Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus to look for these girls... They most likely waited outside of strip club back doors and dive bars at 3 a.m.

The best was when Mo'Nique threw a party where the "girls" (I put quotes because I want to refer to them as another species but don't want to be totally rude) had to find the "renaissance man" which basically meant a guy who wasn't a complete waste of space. And, surprise surprise, oddly enough, not one of the girls managed to find him! Everyone was busy bumpin' and grindin', pretending to do the Monica Lewinsky on an ice sculpture, getting trashed, throwin' down, you know- the usual. It was great. And sadly, "Pumkin" was sent home for being a whore- this time I'm serious. It was hilarious.

So then, there were the four girls who made it through the wild party, and then they had to "study" and pass a Q & A. After two people were let go, those two had to "write an essay" of why they should win. This was so great. We had Smiley and Saaphyri, two top notch girls, duking it out for the big ole prize pot. During their speeches, Mo'Nique was crying, Buckeey was bawling- what great television.

What I find very odd is that Saaphyri is under some weird impression that by winning the prize ($50,000) she will be able to buy a house. And what is even stranger is that the remaining contestants were rooting for her to win so she can get a house. Um, don't these people know that she won't find a house for $50,000- wait- make that $25,000 after taxes? So wonderful. Such pure hearts and empty brains. It was quite a lovely ending... Saaphyri got her weave replaced with a more classier monotone weave, she got a dress that fit around her boobs without making her look totally slutty, and she got the money. She's gonna buy a house! Yay! (Can't wait for the update where we will learn that she blew all her money on more bad weave jobs)

No comments: